Thursday, July 22, 2021

SUGGESTIONS

ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS (MEMINTA SARAN)

      ·       What should I do? (Apa yang harus saya lakukan?)

      ·       Any ideas? (Apakah ada ide?)

      ·       Do you have any suggestions for me? (Apakah kamu punya saran untukku?)

      ·       Will you give me some suggestions? (Maukah kamu memberikanku beberapa saran?)

      ·       Can you give me some advice about ….? (Bisakah kamu memberikanku beberapa saran tentang ….?

GIVING SUGGESTIONS (MEMBERI SARAN)

Kita dapat menggunakan kata SHOULD (sebaiknya) untuk memberi saran. Pola kalimatnya yaitu Subject + Should / Should not + verb 1, e.g. You should change your attitude.

      ·       You should ….

      ·       Why don’t you ….?

      ·       How about ….?

      ·       You need to ….?

      ·       I suggest ….

      ·       I recommend …

ACCEPTING SUGGESTIONS (MENERIMA SARAN)

      ·       It sounds great.

      ·       It sounds good to me.

      ·       That’s a good idea

      ·       You’re right.

      ·       Ok. I will.

      ·       Thanks.

DECLINING SUGGESTIONS (MENOLAK SARAN)

      ·       I don’t think that’s a good idea.

      ·       I am not sure about that.

      ·       Sorry, but I don’t think I can do that

EXAMPLE



Ken : Jay, my stomach ache is getting worst. What should I do?

Jay : Why don’t you take a medicine?

Ken : I took it, but it’s not working. Do you have any other ideas?

Jay : You should try a tea of Boldo leaves. It works.

Ken : Seriously? Ok, I’ll try it. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment